Thursday, March 6, 2008

I wonder...

Hmmm.

The blog lists the Children's Book Council under "support." Do you think that means Titlepage.tv will feature a few children's and YA authors in their online "passionate conversations about books"?

If they do, I hope it's later on, when the show has worked out its kinks. Look at this detailed critique of the first episode...

I'm not much of an intrepid reporter, so I hope Fuse 8 is on this. Or maybe Colleen, since she writes for Bookslut, and they're also listed on the blogroll. Betsy, Colleen, any idea why the CBC is sponsoring this? Bring us the scoop!

In the meantime, if you need a really superb interview, the old-fashioned, written way: Anita Loughrey (via cynsations) talks to Leonard Marcus, one of my heroes. I love this man, and I love him more after this interview.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the Leonard Marcus interview. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why he has Bookslut on the blog roll - other than just listing the link. From her blog the other day, Jessa was so bored with it she didn't last ten mintues.

    I wonder if the "support" list is just as inconsequential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Colleen. I guess I figured that "support" meant monetary or advisory or something different than just hey! I'm linking to you. I still wonder, because there's nothing children's/YA about the site that I can see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, thanks so much for linking to that interview. I'm glad he didn't choose politics / the presidency over writing about children's lit. I heart his books, too (and I got to see him speak once when I was a grad student).

    And I had no idea he had a web site. It's a nice-looking one.

    I love that story about his reading teacher -- bringing about a love of reading by having him write his own poetry.

    The two new books sound great. I hope to finish up his book on the history of The Golden Books this weekend and post about it for Nonfiction Monday.

    And I LOVE his wife's work, too, incidentally. She's one of my favorite picture book authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara,

    Thank you so much for linking to the Leonard Marcus interview on Cynthia's blog. I am very pleased you liked it.

    He was an amazing man to interview and very open. I am looking forward to meeting him in person at the SCBWI Bologna conference at the end of the month.

    Best wishes,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.