Thursday, March 27, 2008

Poetry Contest Alert

It's the fourth annual Kids-Post Poetry Contest!

OPEN TO: Poets, ages 6-14

SUBMIT: no more than two original poems, by April 7, to: KidsPost, The Washington Post, 1150 15th St., NW, Washington, D.C., 20071 (or by email to: kidspost@washpost.com with "poetry" in the subject line.) Illustrations are welcome.

INCLUDE: your name, age, address and phone number.

WIN: Publication in The Washington Post on April 29, and a May 6 reading at Politics and Prose bookstore. Plus, a KidsPost T-shirt and a copy of Christopher Myers' book, Jabberwocky!

2 comments:

  1. I am most excited to learn that Myers made a version of Jabberwocky. WOWZERS. I just had my sixth graders memorize it. Wish I'd known about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! We just got that Myers book in our library. Love that poem. I am passing this post on to our teachers.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.