Friday, March 14, 2008

Poetry Friday: Jama Rocks Bob Dylan

So sorry to skimp on this Poetry Friday post, but I have to take a blog break, or my head will explode with my upcoming workshops. And that wouldn't be pretty.

Please do go by Jama's today, and participate in her Poetry Friday tribute to Bob Dylan. Her earlier post, How Does it Feel? was awesome. Awesome. Please, Jama, please write a book about your groupie adventures. You must. Because I want to read it.

For you, Jama, here are some Dylan lyrics that I love:

I ain't lookin' to compete with you,
Beat or cheat or mistreat you,
Simplify you, classify you,
Deny, defy or crucify you.
All I really want to do
Is, baby, be friends with you.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for indulging me today with some Dylan, Sara. Yes, I will have to write that book . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lyric. Thanks for posting it, and good luck with your workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a happy one! Hope you get a good break this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know from Dylan, but this seems harmless enough! Good workshop to you, Sara...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no, Sara--do NOT let your head explode. It would be bad for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Obama and Hillary should be required to sing this once a day for the next few months...or maybe just their supporters...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara-

    Nice to see a fellow Tarheel has made good (I'm class of...well, lets just say I went there). And so happy to see that you're a fan of Dylan's.

    And since you are, I thought I'd introduce you to my new novel, BLOOD ON THE TRACKS, which I think you'd enjoy.

    It's a murder-mystery. But not just any rock superstar is knocking on heaven's door. The murdered rock legend is none other than Bob Dorian, an enigmatic, obtuse, inscrutable, well, you get the picture...

    Suspects? Tons of them. The only problem is they're all characters in Bob's songs.

    You can get a copy on Amazon.com or go "behind the tracks" at www.bloodonthetracksnovel.com to learn more about the book.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.