Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sherman Alexie at the Fall for the Book Festival

In the "how did I miss this????" category:

Sherman Alexie is going to be near D.C. next week! He spoke at the SCBWI Conference in L.A. this year, but I couldn't go, so this is my chance. Anyone want to join me?

From the Fall for the Book website:

Mason Award Winner Sherman Alexie
WhenTue, September 22, 7:30pm – 9:00pm
WhereConcert Hall, Center for the Arts, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA (map)
DescriptionNovelist, poet and filmmaker Sherman Alexie, author most recently of the National Book Award winning young adult novel "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian," will receive this year’s Mason Award and read selections from his work.

If you need an enthusiastic Alexie introduction, I blogged about him three times. I'll be bringing my copies of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Reservation Blues, and Flight. And hoping that they're selling all his poetry books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.