Thursday, October 29, 2009

Meanwhile, in other corners of the blogosphere, more interesting happenings....

Little green army men hurling raisins! Takin' down a pumpkin! All because Jama at Alphabet Soup is giving away TWO copies of OPERATION YES to support my book signing on Nov. 8th. And don't miss the best part: reading everyone's tributes to their favorite teachers. (My own shout out to a great teacher is here.)  Go, now, be amused and inspired.

Also, I tell Jody Sparks why I hate the smell of cardboard boxes, how many bags of little green army men are in my house, and how improvisation inspires me as a writer. Thank you for the interview, Jody!

That is all. Back to revisions.

3 comments:

  1. Re: what the little green men might do

    You have to get into the school before the kids, hide the LGM up high where the kids can *see* them but not *reach* them, and then see if they notice, how many they can find, whatever. The fun is in the finding.

    When I was a kid, we played a game called "Huckle Buckle Beanstalk" where you hide something up high like that and then as kids find it, they're supposed to shout "HUCKLE BUCKLE BEANSTALK" and sit down without pointing the object out. The idea is that you don't want to be the last one standing. I always loved that game. I play it in programs at the library sometimes. You can't do it with a big group, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Adrienne! I bow down to your superior game knowledge. That is easy, fun and AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only because I work this crazy job where they pay me to do fun stuff. I don't know why anyone does anything else for a living.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.